Sunday, January 30, 2005

Normal

Sunday afternoon

It's been a week since my last post and my Dad's funeral and life is returning to normal again, whatever that means.

Of course, 'normal' in my life has now totally been redefined. Normal used to mean that I would call my Dad on Sunday evenings (precisely at 9 pm) and we would chat about the weather (he gave the most incisive reports about weather rivaling anyone in the Denver media) and then moan about Broncos and CU football. He would catch me up on the family for a minute and he would end the conversation, allowing it to last a mere 5 minutes (10 if he felt talkative).

Now on Sundays at 9 pm I'll have to look on the Weather Channel for Denver weather and ESPN for sports updates. Somehow, even though the timeframe will be similar, it will not be nearly so satisfying.

I am in danger of plodding my way to work in the morning the lesser for not having personal and familial insight into regional weather patterns or hometown sports loyalties.

I have become resolute, therefore, in my determination to take up that particular generational gauntlet. So for those who do not yet know, the current (2:30 pm) temperature in Greensboro is 49 degrees and Carolina was stupendous against Virginia as reported at ACC Hoops .

Now I feel normal.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?