Monday, January 03, 2005

Update on Dad

He fooled the doctors again.

After sinking to a point that his medical friends had, for about the third time, gotten ready to exchange green scrubs for black suits, Dad pulled a fast one and rebounded.

"You're a tough old bastard," I told him tonight. "Well, I'm tough, and I'm old and I am certainly a bastard," he replied.

He's complaining about going to a "skilled nursing facility" (nursing home). In other posts I'll talk about nursing homes. My wife works in those and there is a lot to be said about them, both good and bad.

He's stilll very ill and his prognosis remains doubtful, but I can be selfish enough now to be sure that I will see him in a couple of weeks.

That's made my day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?