Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Make Habitat a Habit

I went to the Nails and Tales Breakfast this morning at the Coliseum, which is the annual fund-raising event for Habitat for Humanity.

I've written earlier about my personal belief in HFH, but nothing prepared me for the depth of love and diversity of people who gave up their morning and subsequently some of their money for the sake of the homeless of Greensboro.

Of course, it's hard not to be inspired by stories of the families whose lives have been forever changed. Meaningful too were the speeches by Robert Kelley, Executive Director andTim Rogers member of the Board. My personal favorites were the short homily by Bishop Brooks (nothing like southern preachin' to wake you up in the morning) and the closing prayer by Rabbi Koren.

Thanks for breakfast, Habitat. Make it a habit, Greensboro!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?