Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Center for Creative Leadership Day 3

Well, I've decided not to enlist. It's a good thing, because according to the Center's testing, I think my personality profile would probably do our country's security more harm than good.

Not that people like me wouldn't be needed in time of national crisis. I found out today, for example, that I have a high tolerance for change. Crises mean change, right? I could handle that. I also have high marks for creativity and empathy - so I'll think of imaginative ways that we as a country can manage a crisis instead of collectively sitting around and staring at CNN - like making up songs together, our repainting our houses to release tension, or everybody on the left side of the country switching with everybody on the right - that would be thinking outside the box, wouldn't it?

OK, brainstorming aside, it was a great day to learn how we all contribute our unique gifts to making the whole better. Sounds like a wonderful model for our daily lives, doesn't it?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?