Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday Evening Headache

"Dad?"

I can tell from the tone of voice that this isn't going to be good news, so I don't answer.

"Dad, I have something to ask you and you are not going to like it."

At this point, on a day that has not started out well and frankly has continued to be fairly, let's say, worthy of the outhouse, I turn to him with sick anticipation.

"Yes?"

"I have to have two people write a two page biography of me by tomorrow morning."

Two page? "Two page?"

"Yes." He was right. I didn't like it.

Recovering a little, I uttered rather loudly those words parents love to say: "Why didn't you think of this earlier?!"

"I knew you wouldn't like it."

"Two page?" Repeating it seemed to make it a little more real.

"Well it can be double spaced - so one page really."

Oh, I'm thinking. That makes it sooooo much better.

***

It's 11:08 pm, and I'm just getting to this lovely little task. And he's lucky I guess, because most kids get biographies that don't really end unless you count "and I guess he'll grow up to be big and strong...." to be an ending.

His will have definite closure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?