Monday, May 16, 2005

Another Case of Honor

Ed Cone comes through again, pointing out that the reporter behind the Newsweek story was the Post reporter who led the feeding frenzy on Clinton.

So, I ask my conservative friends who seem to think that this is an example of the liberal press gone sour . . . . huh?

I think it's a case of incompetent reporting or an unreliable source. And yes, because of this incompetence, people died and that is very tragic.

So too is the fact that because of the so-called mis-information of the CIA the President justified the War in Iraq and many thousands have died. Do my conservative friends see a parallel there?

And now, it seems that the President has been lying about his intentions all along and intended to go to war no matter what evidence the CIA produced. Because of this lie people have fought, rioted and died. Do my conservative friends see a parallel there?

And I suppose that, because my conservative friends approve of the war itself that it makes it OK for the President to lie about certain things because after all, we got rid of a very bad man.

Well, see Sunday's post about honor. Honorable people do not lie to each other.

That's what those men and women he is sending into battle have. Honor. Shame on him for lying to them.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?