Friday, April 06, 2007

Alfonzo Blackwell "Reflections" Smooth Jazz Music CD Review

Reflections is the latest Smooth Jazz CD realeased by the extremely talented saxophone playing Alfonzo Blackwell who once again has delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I'm confident Alfonzo Blackwell fans, and Smooth Jazz fans alike will be pleased with this one.

I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Reflections. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

The nice thing about a CD like this is with this level of talent even if Smooth Jazz isn't your favorite genre you still can't help but appreciate the greatness of the artist.

This is a first rate CD, delivering a little something for everyone. I give it my highest recommendation. It's quite simply great listening. A must buy for the Smooth Jazz fan.

While this entire CD is really very good some of my favorites are track 3, Field Of Dreams, track 5, I Miss You, track 13, Better Days.

My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 5, I Miss You. What a nice track!

Reflections Release Notes:

Alfonzo Blackwell originally released Reflections on Aug 28, 2001 on the Shanachie Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Funky Shuffle


2. All Blues


3. Field Of Dreams


4. Joy


5. I Miss You


6. Next To You


7. Take You Out


8. That Feeling


9. True Blue


10. Somewhere Sunday


11. Precious Love


12. Reflections


13. Better Days


14. That's Cool

Personnel: Alfonzo Blackwell (soprano saxophone, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums); Jean Norris (vocals); David Mann (keyboards, drum programming); Bernd Schoenhart, Chuck Loeb, Mark Marino (guitar). Recorded at Blackwell Studios, New York, New York.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?